“Polvorosas” means “powder” in Spanish, and these cookies find their origins in Guatemala. True to their name, these cookies have a very powdery texture with a crisp outer layer. They are made with only three ingredients, and to make the recipe vegan, the butter can be substituted with coconut butter, avocado oil, or any other normal butter substitute. The “dough” also comes out to be very powdery before baking, so I recommend packing it in using a mold and carefully removing it to bake. They cookies come out delicious in the end and are a favorite to share with friends!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- [OPTIONAL] powdered sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar and softened butter until they are combined well.
- Add in the flour, mixing in one cup at a time. The dough will be very dry like powder.
- Using a cupcake liner and cupcake tray, pack the dough in until it molds to the shape. Carefully remove and place on a baking tray.
- Bake the cookies at 350oF for around 20 minutes or until golden.
- Let the cookies cool for around 10 minutes before enjoying. Dust them with powdered sugar for some extra sweetness.
These cookies are super sweet and are a great treat to share with friends! I hope you all enjoy making your own as much I did making mine.