When it’s a Friday evening and the bunch of bananas from last week is fully ripe, perhaps overripe, you hypothesize making banana bread. On a whim, you threw a list of ingredients together and shut it into the oven:
- 1/3 Cup Avocado Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 to 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Beat the eggs.
- Put all ingredients together and stir.
- Bake for about an hour until the center is dry (test with a wooden skewer).
An hour later, you open the oven, and object permanence, there’s a loaf of bread, hot air rushes up, the scent of bakery.