As Halloween approaches, everyone is rushing to their nearest clearance store to buy all the good candy. From classics like Hershey’s to the well known M&M’s, everyone can agree that some candies are better than others. This article will go over the top ten Halloween candy that you can expect to see in your hands soon.
1. Hershey’s – The American classic is the best melt-in-your-mouth, no-frills candy in the bag. Everyone knows and loves the taste.
2. Reece’s pieces – They have the same shape and the same coating as M&M’s, and the peanut butter is somehow just better than M&M’s version. You no longer have to wonder what it would be like if they stuffed this in a peanut butter cup.
3. Nestles Crunch – Finally something healthy. Rice puffs are healthy, right? Especially when they’re covered with Nestlé’s deliciously melty milk chocolate.
4. Heath – The Heath bar makes you feel like a little British schoolboy with its toffee butteriness and will make you look like one when your teeth eventually fall out from all the toffee you have lodged in your molars for weeks on end. It’s a small price to pay for a brittle little piece of perfection.
5. 100 Grand – 100 Grand is a unique combination of chewy caramel, rich milk chocolate, and crunchy crisped rice.
6. Butterfinger – It’s like somebody took a bunch of peanut butter, transformed it into the world’s thinnest toffee, and layered it underneath a blanket of chocolate. And when you bite it, the little flakes pop off and melt on your tongue like butter produced by a chocolate cow.
7. Kitkat – It’s the closest your Halloween bags gonna come to having a sandwich inside, and let’s be honest: milk chocolate and sugary wafers are way better than a tiny tuna on rye, especially after they’ve been sitting in a pillowcase for a few hours.
8. Snickers – It’s easily the heartiest of all candy bars: nougat, caramel, nuts, and chocolate represent pretty much every food group. And this is one that’s hard to eat in a single bite, even when you’re going bite-size.
9. Twix – The cookie crunch. The deliciously hard caramel. The ultra-silky chocolate. There are a lot of things to love about Twix (three, actually), but this thing’s even better in fun-size form. The ratios between the three main components are simply perfect, striking a balance that makes the intense sugar rush completely worth it.
10. Reese’s peanut butter cups – Not only is it the greatest candy out there, but it’s also one of the perfect snack, period, the perfect alchemy of peanut butter and chocolate. And it’s very versatile, especially at Halloween. Are you devouring the mini, with its jagged chocolate edges? The medium-cup, in all its one-biteable glory? Or the pumpkin, which serves as a vessel to get as much sugary peanut butter in your mouth as possible? It’s your lucky day: there’s no way to go wrong eating a Reese’s.