Being confined inside all day can be tough, and exercise is a great way to keep your body and mental state ready-to-go and healthy. With these high intensity interval training exercises, you can pack on muscle and quickly get toned. I will admit, this isn’t my original workout – props to Grace, the best sprint captain ever, for this workout. I hope I’ll look like you one day 😀
I do this workout daily during quarantine. I will admit, my exercise levels had dropped off significantly during the winter, but two consecutive days of this workout (though painful) can produce visual and physical results, especially in the arms and legs. Don’t believe me? Try it!
- Begin by doing some light cardio (10 minutes of running, jumping rope, whatever works for your situation)
- Stretch vigorously to prevent injuries!
- 5 sets of 10 pushups
- 5 sets of 20 situps
- 5 sets of 30 jumping jacks
- 3 sets of 35 second planks
- 5 sets of 20 squats
- 5 sets of walking lunges
- 3 sets of running in place for 15 seconds
- 3 sets of 25 Russian twists (Be careful, these can be bad for your back. If you have pre-existing back issues or back pain, I would skip these).
- 3 sets of 25 scissor kicks
- 3 sets of 25 second side planks
- 3 sets of 30 second wall sits
- 5 sets of 12 jumping squats
- 3 sets of 10 squatting side steps
- 5 sets of 10 arm/tricep dips
Warning: This is an EXTREMELY vigorous workout! This can be tough for me, and I trained for track at my high school before school was canceled. Be sure to know your own body and limits. I would recommend doing one set, or maybe just a few bullet points, and working your way up at your own pace. Pushing yourself too hard might seem rewarding in the moment, but you’ll regret it for a week afterward.