Chocolate cupcakes are my go to food when craving something chocolatey and decadent. Not only are they light and fluffy, but they are also packed with amazing flavor. Most times I make them in a pinch because cupcakes generally take a shorter time to cook compared to cakes. In this case I’m making mini cupcakes that can be baked in 10 to 15 minutes.
Estimated time: 15 minute prep, 10-15 minute bake
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ a cup of vegetable oil
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of milk
- A pinch of salt
- Whatever you like on top of a chocolate cupcake (like icing, powdered sugar, and fresh berries)
- Preheat your oven to 350oF
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cacao powder
- Add in your vegetable oil, hot water, egg and vanilla, and whisk until well combined and smooth
- Either line your baking tray with baking cups or grease well
- Divide the batter evenly within the mini cupcake tins. Aim for filling the cupcake tin ¾ of the way full. I honestly overfilled mine.
- Bake at 350oF for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Let the cupcakes cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Add on your optional toppings. For me, raspberries and chocolate are the ultimate combination. So I added a dollop of raspberry jam on top of my cupcake and added a raspberry on top. As for aesthetics, I gave my cupcake a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar. All done! Now just enjoy.