Over quarantine, you might miss the fun and noisiness of parties, or the thrill of watching sports games of teams you love and support. One food that can bring back those memories—nachos! Today, you will learn how to make delicious nachos at home, with simple ingredients and easy steps! These nachos will be made with bagged tortilla chips, toppings, and most of all: CHEESE!
To make these nachos, you will need:
- A Bag of tortilla chips, party size if possible
- Cheese (any of those will do, or combine two or more!)
- Monterey Jack
- Pepper Jack
- Ground Beef (taco seasoning)
- Shredded Beef
- Ground Turkey
- Shredded Chicken
- Shredded Pork
- Black Olives
- Black Beans
These toppings are not all necessary, just use whatever you have. I recommend 3-4 different toppings for a depth of flavor. The beauty of nachos is that you can do pretty much anything to them! (just don’t forget the cheese, or you are confirmed evil)
A step by step guide!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lay the chips in a baking dish
- Put cheese on top of chips
- Sprinkle toppings of your choice, make sure all chips get some! (If you wish to use meat such as beef or pork, be sure to cook them in a pan with taco seasoning for a few minutes first)
- Bake in the oven for 3-15 minutes, depending on how well you want them baked(i recommend around 12 minutes because it makes the cheese melt perfectly!)
- After done baking, try putting on some of these toppings!
- Sour Cream
- Enjoy the cheesy goodness!
This is a simple recipe that you can enjoy for lunch, dinner, or a snack! It sure brings back memories from the good old days!